Welcome to the official web site of Japan Opencourseware Consortium (JOCW).
JOCW is a consortium of Japanese universities which provide OCW contents and activities in Japan.
OCW is an open free publication of formal course materials of universities on the Internet.
.....Learn more about OCW
.....Learn more about JOCW
- On Jan 8, 2015 JOCW General meeting was held at Meiji University
- On Nov.22 NetLearning, Inc. joined as an affiliate member and they became a special support member as well.
- On Nov.22 We had the Simposium on Utilising OER at Kyoyo University.
- On Aug. 24, 2012 We had an organized session on "OCW and its application" in the annual conference of Japanese Society for Engineering Education.
- On June 4, 2012JOCW had 2012 annual meeting at Meiji University.
- On April 16-18, 2012OCWC Global 2012 was held in Cambridge, U.K. During the conference new board members were decided and Haruo Takemura, president of JOCW was elected as a successor of Yoshimi Fukuhara.
- On Dec. 9, 2011 Organized session on "Possibility and Issues for Social Learnig Platform with OCW" was held in AXIES annual conference at Fukuoka.
- On Nov. 7-8, 2011 Asia Regional OpenCourseWare and Open Education Conference 2011(AROOC 2011) was held at Meiji University in Tokyo, Japan. More detail...
- On Sep. 9, 2011We had an organized session on "OCW and its application" in the annual conference of Japanese Society for Engineering Education.
- On Aug. 24, 2011 Kumamoto University joined as a regular member.
- On July 20, 2011 Uchida Spectrum Inc. joined as an affiliate member.
- On June 20, 2011 we had a first 2011 bi-annual meeting at Kyushu University in Fukuoka.
- On May 4-6, 2011 OCWC Global 2011 was held in Boston, MA, U.S. During the conference Yoshimi Fukuhara, Secretary General of JOCW was elected as a board member of OCWC.
- On Dec. 10, 2010 JOCW organized session with several presentations and a panel discussion on the topic "Impact and Perspective of OCW" at the Information Education Research Workshop in Kyoto.
- On Nov. 1, 2010 AROOC2010 (Asia Regional OpenCourseWare and Open Education Conferendce2010) was held in Taipei,Taiwan with over 180 participated.
- On Oct. 1, 2010 Open University Japan and Sophia University launched their OCW site.
- On Sept. 25, 2010 We had our bi-annual meeting at Mita in Tokyo.
- On Sept. 24, 2010 Keio University hosted OCWC board meeting at Mita.
- On Aug. 20, 2010 CMS Communications Inc. joined as as affiliate member.
- On July 20, 2010 Sophia University joined as a regular member.
- On June 23, 2010 we had our bi-annual meeting in Kyoto.
- On May 5-7, 2010 The OCW Consortium Global Meeting 2010 was held in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- On Jan. 27, 2010 Hosei University and Kwansei Gakuin University joined as regular member.
- .........Topics before 2010 are here