JOCW top page >> About JOCW
- April 20, 2006 Japan Opencourseware Consortium(JOCW) has been established.
- Aim of the consortium: To assist and disseminate the OCW activity, which is an open and a free publication of formal course materials of higher educational organizations, through mainly exchanging information among consortium members.
- We will do our effort to encourage interchanging know-hows and opinions among not only Japanese's organizations related to the OCW, but also foreign organizations by participating the OCW Consortium as an Affiliate member.
History of JOCW
- In 2004 OCW activity was officially promoted by MIT to major several Japanese universities. And responding to the recommendation from MIT, some universities decided to start and made preparation for opening their lectures on the OCW compliant format.
- On May 13, 2005, the start-up of OCW activity in Japan was officially announced on the joint press conference by presidents of six universities and also the establishment of Japan Opencourseware Alliance(ex-JOCW, predecessor of the current JOCW) was declared.
- Founding members of the ex-JOCW were Keio University, Kyoto University, Osaka University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, University of Tokyo and Waseda University.
- In December 2005 Hokkaido University and Kyushu University and Nagoya University joined in the ex-JOCW and also National Institute of Multimedia Education joined as an associated member.
- September 2006, Doshisha University, Kansai University and University of Tsukuba newly joined as regular members.
- October 2006, Kyoto Seika University, Ritsumeikan University, Ritsumeikan Asia Pasific University joined as regular members.
- August 2007, Kagawa Nutrition University, Creative Commons Japan joined as a regular member and an associate member respectively.
- January 2008, The Asahi Shinbun Company, NTT Resonant Inc., Tokyo DenkiUniversity Press joined as affiliate members.
- March 2008, United Nations University, Media Site K.K., CD Networks Japan Co. Ltd., Media Links &Co. LTD. and Digital Knowledge Co.,Ltd. joined as affiliate members.
- May 2008, Uchida Yoko Co., Ltd. joined as an affiliate member.
- June 2008, International Christian University joined as a regular member.
- July 2008, Tokushima University u-learning center joined as a associate member.
- March 2009, Chiba University joined as a regular member.
- May 2009, Eizo System Co. Ltd. and Softbank BB Corp. joined as affiliate members.
- August 2009, The Open University of Japan and e-Learning Consortium Japan were re-registered as a regular member and an affiliate member respectively.
- January 2010, Hosei University and Kwansei Gakuin University joined as regular members.
- July 2010, Sophia University joined as a regular member.
- August 2010, CMS Communications Co, Ltd. joined as an affiliate member.
- September 2010 Earnet Co, Ltd. joined as an affiliate member.
- July 2011 Uchida spectrum, Inc. joined as an affiliate member.
- August 2011 Kumamoto University joined as a regular member.
Courses published from all JOCW universities
Monthly visits to JOCW
Membership in JOCW